Maggie’s Rescue is a bit different. We are a registered animal welfare charity, a co-operative of carers that support animals in need of homes. Our goal is to find these animals their permanent homes in families who will commit to loving them for life.
When you talk to the carer for a particular animal, that person is usually looking after the care of that animal and knows the dog or cat well.
Any animal we rehome has been desexed, vaccinated and microchipped and we worm all animals on arrival in our care.
We are committed to No Kill philosophy and believe that public education and desexing is the cornerstone of this. We aim to have basic obedience for each dog by the time of rehome in place and offer ongoing telephone assistance for new owners if needed.
To improve the lives of companion animals
- To advocate for and assist in the de-sexing of domestic pets
- To fundraise money for the continuing of de-sexing and rehoming of unwanted domestic pets
- To be actively involved in our continuing de-sexing and rehoming campaigns
- To promote the welfare of dogs and cats through community education
- Participate in campaigns to introduce and/or improve legislation to give greater protection to all animals